Sunday, July 19, 2009

2nd Opinion

I cried while on the way home after my 2nd prenatal check up. I cant accept the fact that the doc has told me just now. Hubby asked to wait for the test result, mean time, still calm and do the best we can !! Tell me, how am I going to do the best ?? I might need to opt for abortion if the result is unfavorable. Do I still take my vitamins ? Do I still treat the baby good ? I dont know...

That night, I told hubby that I want to be alone, so I lie on my bed alone, what happened in the clinic kept on flashing on my head. I called my sister, before I can finished my sentence, my tears fall. I cant control my emotion as much as I wish I could. I was so touched by what she told me ' Dont worry, no matter what happens, jie jie is here with you'. Ohh Jie, so nice of you !

I then decided to go for 2nd opinion, I called up another friend, asked her for her gynae's contact. Another very experienced gynae fr Gleneagles.

The next day, hubby and I went to Gleneagles in the morning. Without appointment, I waited for awhile, luckily the next appointment patient has not arrive yet. The nurse took my weigh...Ohh, another 2 kgs, ever since I was pregnant, I've lost 4 kgs, same as the last time. We went in to see the gynae, told her about the situation we're facing.

She did another round of scan for me. Guess what's the first word came from her mouth ?!!! 'Ohh , that's no good' was the first, followed by ' From my experiences, I can briefly tell you that, if you do nothing about the pregnancy, one day, nature will take it cause, either the baby heart beat will stop by himself or something will happen, and you wont be able to keep'. How could I hold my tears when I heard what she's just said to me ??!!!

She's patient enough to show me a medic book, about the cause and effect of this Genetic Abnormalities Sickness. Explain to us what's it ? How it happens ? I asked ' Could the thick skin fold 'missing' in the next check up ? Means, if it's actually something else, harmless ?' She said 'No, it can only leads to some other abnormalities that we're not able to scan/ see using ultrasound'

After about half an hour of explaining and providing solutions/ options. We lef the clinic.

What else can happen while on the way home, I'm sure you can roughly guess...Yes, I cried again. All the way from Gleneagles to Putra Heights.

Look like the only option we've now is to wait for the AMU test. Pray hard...!!

No comments: